A Google research pointed that the number one common factor among high performing teams is not technical expertise or strong leadership, but “Psychological Safety”, i.e., the psychological comfort for team members to act or speak without fear of being negatively labelled.
Separately, the term “Growth Mindset” was introduced as a way of defining talents, human potential and success. The lens (Growth Mindset vs. Fixed Mindset) through which we look at ourselves and others could make a huge difference in staff development, team dynamics, and business result.
In this workshop, you will learn the essence of these two concepts, how they impact one another, and how you might apply them to develop your own high performing team.
This workshop adopts the use of the LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® method, a series of hands-on, minds-on learning activities. During the workshop, participants will be able to draw insights not only from themselves but also from others, reflect on their current situations, and apply in the context of work environments. As a side benefit, participants will find themselves a creative brick builders and amazing storytellers!
- Team leaders, supervisors, managers, executives, or anyone who is interested to develop a high performing team
- Understand the definition and background of psychological safety
- Learn how psychological safety can build trust, shape team dynamics, and promote team performance
- Learn practical techniques to build a culture of psychological safety
- Understand the science behind Growth Mindset and its counterpart – Fixed Mindset
- Recognize how your mindset can positively or negatively influence your teams and business
- Learn how to change your mindset to unlock the potential in your team
- Understanding Psychological Safety
- LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® activity – Johari Window
- Psychological Safety – good examples and counter examples
- How to develop Psychological Safety in your team, structurally and individually
- Understanding the science of Growth Mindset
- LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® activity – your talents and weakness
- Assess your own mindset
- Neuroplasticity and examples
- How to develop Growth Mindset in yourself and others
- Linking Psychological Safety and Growth Mindset together
Award of Certificate
A certificate of attendance will be issued by the Hong Kong Productivity Council to participants who has completed the course.
Brian is the first person in the world to train LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® Methods Facilitator in Chinese. Certified LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® Methods Facilitator. Strategic Play® Group Licensed Trainer in LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® Methods in China. TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training & Assessment and TAE50111 Diploma of Vocational Education & Training. Registered Corporate Coach™. Master of Business Administration.
Brian has over 10 years of experience in talent development and trainings specialising in adult learning, vocational learning, blended learning and LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® method. He has delivered a vast array of programmes in the areas of leadership development, management skills, storytelling, presentation and train-the-trainer etc. Audience ranges from frontline staff, management executive and training & development manager.
Date and time
16 Jun 2023 (09:00 – 17:30)
HKPC Building, 78 Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon
(Face-to-face at HKPC : Joe LEUNG; Online : Brian TANG) ♦
♦ HKPC reserves the right to change mode of instruction (hybrid / online model) at any time with prior notice
Bilingual (English and Cantonese)*
*if there is any non-Cantonese speaking participant
HKD 2,950 (Normal price)
HKD 2,800* (Group enrolment of 2 people or above)
HKD 2,700** (For participant who has completed LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® facilitator programme previously.)