In addition to possessing professional knowledge, being an eloquent and presentable speaker with confidence is also essential as a successful engineer today.
Join this programme to learn some practical tips for building your presentation skills from an experienced TED speaker and corporate marketer! Get ready for your next “TED-style Presentation” at your workplace!
Join this programme to learn some practical tips for building your presentation skills from an experienced *TED speaker and corporate marketer! Get ready for your next “TED-style Presentation” at your workplace!
* TED is a global community with various online platforms which is devoted to influencing audience and spreading ideas, usually in the form of short, powerful talks of 18 minutes or less. It first began as a conference where Technology, Entertainment and Design converged in 1980s. Today, it covers almost all topics — from science to business to global issues — in more than 100 languages. (www.ted.com)
Intended Learning Outcomes
- Use storytelling to make our communication more effective and convincing
- Deliver impactful presentations to better engage and captivate our audiences
- Rehearsal opportunities with live feedback and coaching
1. Engaging Content
- Audience Analysis: Create relevant content based on audience type and interest
- Building Context: Use relevant background information to build our story foundation
- Story Flow Framework: Develop a tight and synchronised story with a clear objective in mind
2. Effective Delivery
- Posture & Gesture: Project confidence in a presentation with our body language
- Presence & Setting: Build a stronger connection and engagement with our audiences
- “Melody” of our speech: Make our audio presentation more captivating by adding a unique melody
- Volume & Energy: Better project our voice to engage and establish credibility
3. Rehearsal opportunities with live feedback and coaching
(Class A) 14 July 2020 (Tue) (FULL)
(Class B) 22 July 2020 (Wed) (FULL)
14:00-18:00 (total 4 hours)
(Early-bird: HK$1,620, applicable on or before 29 Jun 2020)
HKPC Building, 78 Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon Tong, Hong Kong
Cantonese, supplemented with English technical terms
Mr Gary Lo
HKPC Academy Trainer
Gary is a seasoned trainer and TEDx Speaker with 15+ years of training experience. He spent most of his career working at some of the Fortune 500 companies including LVMH, Apple Inc., Unilever, GlaxoSmithKline and Nestle, with a scope covering the Greater China & APAC region. He was the former Head of Marketing & Admissions for the HKUST MBA Programs, and now serves as a Guest Lecturer for the HKU SPACE Institute for China Business and Nielsen University. He is also an appointed career coach for top Universities in the region, where he has trained hundreds of MBA and Masters students, professionals and corporate executives. He is a high impact presentation winner and has made over 1,000 public speeches in different cities, also an Internationally Certified NLP Master Practitioner endorsed by authoritative organisations such as ABNLP, INLPA, NLPU etc.
Gary Lo TEDx Presentation: https://youtu.be/tO363JNneoA