This programme aims to equip human resources practitioners and business managers with the knowledge and practical skills in data analytics to formulate data-driven human resources strategies and decisions.
- Identify and acquire HR-related data reliable for organisational strategic development
- Establish useful and customised metrics for various functional areas, including but not limited to HR functions
- Implement various analytical tools and apply statistical techniques and models to diagnose operational issues and uncover the root causes accordingly
- Conduct HR analytical reports for strategic planning and visualise the benefits of different priorities through ROI Analysis
3, 10, 17 August & 7 September 2020 (Monday evenings) and
28 August 2020 (Friday evening)
19:00 – 22:00
total 15 lecture hours
Cantonese & English
Course Fee – Approved RTTP
HK$950* (Original price: HK$2,850)
* Maximum saving, with the final grant subjects to approval.
This course is an approved under Reindustrialisation and Technology Training Programme (RTTP) with up to 2/3 course fee reimbursement upon successful applications. For details: https://rttp.vtc.edu.hk.
Award of Certificate
Certificate of Attendance will be issued to participants who have attended 70% or more of the classes.
3 August, Monday (Session 1)
1. How HR Management add values to businesses?
- Why HR Management can add value and contribute to business?
- How HR strategies be aligned with business priorities?
10 August, Monday (Session 2)
2. Sources of HR Data
- Explore how to acquire useful HR data and validate its reliability.
17 August, Monday (Session 3)
3. How HR Analytics can Make a Difference?
- Practical examples of leveraging HR Analytics to optimise HR Management for the sake of creating values to the organisations.
28 August, Friday (Session 4)
4. Practical Guide for HR Analytics Implementation for SMEs
- Explore implementation of HR Analytics for small to medium-sized SMEs.
7 September, Monday (Session 5)
5. Best Practices of HR Analytics
- Explore the commonly adopted tools for HR Analytics, including KPI, scorecard and strategic workforce planning, as well as the future trend of HR Analytics.
- Apply statistics techniques and models to enable predictive HR Analytics to drive organisational strategy and decision making.
- Build story lines and visualise data to solicit buy-in from HR and business stakeholders.
- Apply best practice for using the right HR Analytics knowledge and tools, including KPIs, Scorecards and Strategic Workforce Planning.
Mr. Ross HUI
- Ross is the Regional Head of Compensation and Benefits, Asia Pacific Moody’s Asia Pacific Ltd. He has a wealth of practical and hands-on experience in HRM and HR Analytics gained from various organisations including GE, AIG, Shell, SCMP, etc. He is skilled in process reengineering and has been certified as a Six Sigma Green Belt.
- He is also experienced in delivering training programmes and has been certified as a qualified trainer for various corporate and external training programmes. He holds the BBA Degree concentrated in HR Management, Master Degree in Data Science and Business Statistics and Postgraduate Diploma in Professional Accountancy, all awarded by the Chinese University of Hong Kong.