This programme aims at enabling retail industry practitioners to apply Social Media Analytics and Sentiment Analysis in the industry, which include digital marketing, social listening and customer satisfaction.
In addition, participants will learn how to apply Data Analytics, NLP (Natural Language Processing) and Deep Learning techniques on textual data processing and understanding.
Day 1 (3 hours): Data Collection, Visualisation and Algorithms
- Social Media data collection and extraction
- Dataset pre-processing and cleaning
- Massive dataset organisation such as indexing, keywords searching and ranking for relevance
- Special handling for Chinese and Cantonese languages
- Case Analysis: Textual data visualisation in Word Cloud to detect market trends and social listening for company/product brandings, KOL and micro influencer identification, Market-basket algorithm for product cross selling and recommendation
Day 2 (3 hours): Natural Language Processing and Sentiment Analysis
- Building blocks of Natural Language Processing
- Extract the relevant companies and products from textual data
- Calculate sentiment scores with aggregation, weighting, volume counting and moving average in different timeframes
- Word2Vec embedding to understand language semantics
- Introduction to Deep Learning based techniques for Sentiment Analysis
- Case analysis: Apply rule-based sentiment APIs to extract customers’ emotions, Understand social media content by training a Word2Vec embedding, develop a sentiment analyser by Deep Learning Sequence model (LSTM) to understand customer reviews and sentiments
- Retail industry practitioners who are interested in applying Social Media Analytics and Sentiments Analysis
- Professionals who would like to sharpen their skills with the latest AI and Machine Learning technologies
- SME/start-up entrepreneurs who wish to get inspiration to incorporate social media and sentiments into their businesses
Certificate of Attendance
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who have completed the full programme requirement with 75% or above attendance rate.
Date & Time
14 & 15 Jan 2021 (Thu & Fri), 09:30 – 12:30
Total 6 hours
HKPC (78 Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon Tong, Hong Kong)
Cantonese with training material in English
HK$6,000 (May apply up to $4,000* subsidy)
* This course is an approved Reindustrialisation and Technology Training Programme (RTTP ), which offers up to 2/3 course fee reimbursement upon successful applications. For details: https://rttp.vtc.edu.hk
To enrol, please complete the online enrolment form and settle the payment through HKPC Academy website (http://www.hkpcacademy.org). Participants are advised to make registration on or before 18 December 2020.
Mr Ken LIU
Mr LIU is co-founder and CTO of Datatact, which is a startup in AI, Machine Learning and Big Data for Trading Strategies and Social Media Analytics. He is a hands-on expert in his specialised area for over 15 years. Prior to Datatact, Ken worked at Citi, Goldman Sachs and Credit Suisse as Algo-Trading developer. Ken earned a Master in Computer Science from University of Southern California and a Bachelor in Computer Science from University of Warwick.