Have you ever led an ICT related product development project with only high level requirements or an uncertain product feature list? If that is not challenging enough, you also face a drop dead schedule, where time to market is critical and multiple short releases are of big advantages.
How do you gain confidence that your project will be managed with quality outcomes that satisfy the end users?
In this intensive 1 day workshop, participants will learn the processes and techniques of Agile Scrum approach which progressively elaborates on user requirements for gaining approval from business and with sufficient details for iterative implementation in subsequent phases.
- Agile approach in managing projects
- Project development with Agile-Scrum approach
- Overview of business analysis approach in ICT product development
- Business analysis in Agile-Scrum ICT product development approach
- Project / product situation statements, vision & business value delivery
- Knowing your target customer – Persona
- Situation statement for business problems & opportunities
- What does the customer want – Product feature by Persona
- Business value based prioritisation – Kano Model
- Develop product roadmap & initial product backlog
- Elaborating features using user story format – Grand user stories
- Progressively elaborating the requirements – Grand user story to user stories to child user stories
- User story details with acceptance criteria for implementation
- Prioritisation of product backlog using Planning Poker
- Interactive classroom learning on contemporary ICT product development techniques
- Multiple exercises based on a case study to deepen learning experience
Award of Certificate of Attendance
Full Attendance will be awarded a Certificate of Attendance issued by the Hong Kong Productivity Council.
- Project Leaders, Business Analysts, System Analysts, Product Owners, & Key Business Representatives in ICT Projects
- PMP / PMI-ACP / PMI-PBA credential holders aiming at gaining 7 PDUs
Mr Raymond WONG, the Past-President PMI HK Chapter (PMP®, PMI-ACP®, PMI-PBA®, CSM®, CSPO®, CBAP®), is a seasoned executive and project director with expertise in ICT Technology. Raymond has over 30 years of ICT experience with leading edge corporations and was a visiting lecturer at CUHK teaching master’s level PM courses from 2006 to 2017. He is deeply passionate about the professionalism in Project Management, Agile Approach & Business Analysis. He was one of the founders of the Project Management Institute (PMI), Hong Kong Chapter in 1997 and served as an Executive Committee Member of the Hong Kong Chapter from 1997-2013. Currently, Raymond is managing his own consultancy business.
8 Mar 2021 (Mon)
09:30 – 17:50
Total 7 training hours
Cantonese, supplemented with English terminology