Good negotiation skills enable us to get better deals, manage teams and projects more efficiently, and interact more constructively with customers, clients and colleagues.
This certification programme aims to enhance non-native English speakers’ negotiation skills from strengthening questioning and summarising techniques to enriching technical vocabulary so as to express your position in not only local but also international negotiations.
Highly essential for startups and sales managers or anyone involving in intercultural negotiations!
This workshop contains 6 hours and 15 mins of intensive training, including online lectures, case exercise preparation, live negotiations, and case evaluation.
Intended Learning Outcomes
- More confident when negotiating in English
- Develop necessary language use and carry out successful negotiations with people from different countries and culture
- A greater understanding of the cultural influences affecting different negotiating styles
- Understand the cultural context of different countries and guide through any challenging international negotiation situation
1.Understand the importance of negotiation skill
2.Essential language use and terminology for effective negotiation in English
3.Learn how to develop trust and communication
4.Learn how to negotiate in a structure and efficient way
5.Learn how to get yourself ready before negotiation
6.Assessing and understanding your opponents’needs
7.Strategies value-creating negotiation behaviors
9.Interpreting nonverbal communication (e.g. body language, tone of voice)
Post Workshop Follow-up
1. Trainer will follow up on the results of your diagnostic consultancy according to your areas of focus and performance in the class.
2. At your discretion, you can sign up for the Business Mentoring Coaching complimentarily for 1 month for instant help on Negotiation & Sales from professional coaches.
Certificate of Completion
Participants who fulfil the assessment and attendance requirement will award a Certificate of Completion by HKPC:
- Pass in the assignment, project, test and/or exam; and
- Min 75% attendance rate
Date and time
Module 1: 18 Aug, 11am-12:30pm,
Module 2: 19 Aug, 11am-12:30pm,
Module 3: 25 Aug, 11am-12:30pm, and
Module 4: 26 Aug, 10:45am-12:30pm
(* approx. 1.5 hour distance learning for each module)
(Early-bird: HK$2,250, applicable on or before 4 Aug 2020)
Mr Rob Li
Rob Li brings with him over 25 years of extensive business experience in telecommunication and media sectors with senior positions in renowned companies such as ECI Telecom, Hong Kong Cable & Wireless, Hong Kong Trade Development Council, Motorola, and South China Morning Post. He has a very strong track record in international business and partnership development, sales and marketing, and business operation management with diversified cultural background.
Rob studied abroad in Thailand and North America in his adolescence and holds a university degree in Business Management. With his telecom and media background, he delivers lectures and seminars in Cantonese, English, and Mandarin.
Over the years, he has delivered negotiation training for various companies, including The Marketing Worldwide (Asia) Ltd, ALDI, Beckman Coulter, Carrefour, Ferrero, Geometry Global, Hong Kong Jockey Club, Huawei, Hong Kong Dairy Farm Group, LVMH, Richemont Asia, Sears Global Sourcing, Williams Lea Tag and Young & Rubicam, to name a few.”