ISO/IEC 38500 Lead IT Corporate Governance Manager training enables you to acquire the expertise to support and lead an organization to successfully evaluate, direct and monitor an IT Governance model based on ISO/IEC 38500. During this training course, you will also gain comprehensive knowledge of the best practices and core principles of IT Governance and be able to effectively apply them in an organization in order to ensure good governance of IT. Acquiring a “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 38500 Lead IT Corporate Governance Manager” cert, you’ll demonstrate the professional capabilities and competencies to effectively govern the use of IT within an organization.
What is ISO/IEC 38500 ?
ISO/IEC 38500 provides principles, definitions, and a model to help the governing bodies understand the importance of Information Technology (IT).This standard is intended to help all types of organizations in evaluating, directing and monitoring the use of Information Technology (IT), regardless of the degree of IT usage. It consists of management practices and decisions associated with the current and future use of IT. The purpose of this standard is to promote an effective, efficient and acceptable use of IT in all organizations by informing and guiding governing bodies in governing the IT use and establishing an IT governance vocabulary.
Day 1 IT Governance Principles, Responsibilities, Accountabilities and Risk Management
- Course objectives and structure
- Normative frameworks for IT Governance
- Fundamentals of IT governance
- Relationship between IT Governance and IT Management
- Identification and engagement of stakeholders
- Clarify sponsorship and responsibilities
Day 2 IT Governance Principles, Responsibilities, Accountabilities and Risk Management
- Principles of IT Governance
- Responsibilities and accountabilities
- Risk management for IT
Day 3 Evaluate and Direct IT Governance
- Evaluate IT Governance
- Direct IT Governance
- Direct IT Governance – Part 2
Day 4 Monitor, Review and Continual Improvement of IT Governance
- Monitor IT Governance
- Internet Audit
- Evaluation criteria of IT Governance principles
- Governing body and management review
- Continual improvement
Applying for certification and closing the training
- Examination Duration: 3 Hours
- Online examination to be booked after completion of the training course
Individuals who are interested in master the principles and model of IT Governance based on ISO/IEC 38500
- Managers or consultants responsible for ensuring good IT Governance within an organization and effective management of its risks
- Expert advisors seeking to gain comprehensive knowledge of the key concepts and principles of IT Governance
- Technical experts seeking to formalize, amend, and/or extend an organization’s IT-related objectives
- Members of groups monitoring the resources within an organization
- IT Governance and/or Information Security team members
Participants who have attained at least 75% attendance of lecture will be awarded a Training Attendance Certificate
Poon Wai Tung, Keith
Mr. Poon Wai Tung, Keith is the Principal Consultant of an IT security consultancy company. Mr. Poon has been instrumental in developing professional consulting solutions, auditing and training courses in the increasingly vital areas of business risk assessment, business continuity management, information security and IT service management with a particular focus on services companies and manufacturing
RTTP Training Grant Application
This course is applying Reindustrialisation and Technology Training Programme (RTTP), which offers up to 2/3 course fee reimbursement upon successful applications. For details: https://rttp.vtc.edu.hk.
Companies should submit their RTTP training grant application for their employee(s) via https://rttp.vtc.edu.hk/rttp/login at least two weeks before course commencement. Alternatively, application form could be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org along with supporting documents.