Certified Associate in Python Programming Certification is a professional credential that measures participants’ ability to accomplish coding tasks related to the basics of programming in the Python language and the fundamental notions and techniques used in object-oriented programming. It also shows that the participant is familiar with general computer programming concepts like conditional execution, loops, Python programming language syntax, semantics, and the runtime environment, as well as with general coding techniques and object-oriented programming.
Becoming PCAP certified ensures that the participant is fully acquainted with all the primary means provided by Python 3 to enable participants to start their own studies, and to open a path to the developer’s career.
The course covers Python programming basics from the ground up. Topics from the exam syllabus are closely followed. The course also provides an online learning platform with e-courseware and several test exercises to well equip before the exam.
- Compilation and interpretation
- Preparing Python development environment
- Running Python in RPEL and script modes
- Data types, variables and operators
- Lists, tuples, dictionaries, sets
- Boolean data type and execution path control
- Control flow with for-loop and while-loop
- The break and continue keywords
- Writing Python functions
- Standard input and output
- Comments and code documentation
- Object-oriented programming (OOP) in Python
- Introduction to Python and computer programming
- Data types, variables, basic input-output operations, basic operators
- Boolean values, conditional execution, loops, lists and list processing, logical and bitwise operations
- Functions, tuples, dictionaries, and data processing
- Modules, packages, string and list methods, exceptions
- The Object-Oriented Approach: classes, methods, objects and the standard objective features; exception handling, and working with files
Date & Time
Date: 9-11 & 16-18 Jan 2024 (Tue-Thu)
Time: 19:00-22:00 (Total 18 training hours)
Cantonese, supplemented with English terminology
(May apply up to HK$6,000* RTTP subsidy)
*Maximum saving, with the final grant subjects to approval.
This course is applying for “Reindustrialization and Technology Training Scheme” for accreditation. Eligible students can receive up to 2/3 of the tuition fee subsidy. For details, please visit: https://rttp.vtc.edu.hk.
Who should attend?
Anyone wants to learn Python and modern programming techniques.
Basic Python programming experience is preferred.
Participants will receive an exam voucher to attempt the international assessment. The industry recognized PCAP certification require a minimum passing score on the assessments.
Simon MOK, is an IT professional course trainer with over 10 years, including IoT, data analytics, AI and machine learning and programing. He obtains Certified Associate in Python Programming and has rich experience in leading development team to deliver software solutions for clients. He is a M.Phil from the University of Hong Kong and MSc in Computer Science from the Chinese University of Hong Kong.