Please contact call/email us for latest course dates.
e-Logistics has evolved with the applications of Artificial Intelligence ( AI) and Business Intelligence (BI) to enhance operational efficiency.
This course is designed for logistics managers to develop practical e logistics knowledge and ready in mind skill sets, highlighting real case challenges and industry best practices in daily operation management.
Nowadays, organisations need to develop e-logistics features, related technologies and modernised systems to survive in the changing environment. Recently “e-logistics” becomes a powerful weapon that can improve the level of the information sharing and creates a new source of advantage to ensure competitiveness in today’s dynamic marketplace. This programme provides students :
- Apply the principles and essence of e-Logistics Technology in The Industry
- Evaluate the development of e-Logistics
- Case Study: Applications of e-Logistics with the focus on next course of development
- Identify current Issues related to e-commerce and e-logistics
13 & 14 Jan 2022 (Thursday & Friday)
9:00 – 18:00
Total 15 lecture hours
Cantonese & English
Course Fee – RTTP Approved
HK$3,300* (may apply up to HK$2,200 subsidy)This course (HKPC/165/2021(RT)) is an approved Reindustrialisation and Technology Training Programme (RTTP), which offers up to 2/3 course fee reimbursement upon successful applications. For details: https://rttp.vtc.edu.hk.
Group discount is available to 3 enrolment or above. Contact us for more details.
Award of Certificate
Certificate of Attendance will be issued to participants who have attended 70% or more of the classes.
The Global Logistic Industry and e-Logistics Technology Matrix
- Development and evolution of logistics industry under the global environment
- Overview of contemporary e-Logistics technology
- Present status, problems and principal factors affecting e-Logistics
- e-Logistics infrastructure and the role of different stakeholders in the past, present, and future
Understanding the Relationship of e-Commerce and e-Logistics
- Distinctive aspects and differences between e-Commerce and e-Logistics
- Importance of quality and reliability in the use of electronic service provision and e-payment
- Service management for e-Commerce and e-Logistics: service quality, customer satisfaction, service failures and recovery strategies
- Introduce the commonly used e-Commerce and e-Logistics technologies, intelligence and analysis
Session 3 & 4
REFLECTING “WHAT” + “HOW”
Knowing e-Logistics in Operation and Marketing Spectrums
- Contrast market and operation needs, effective demand and the delivery promise alignment with massive data analytic
- Compare traditional and e-Logistics practices in different contexts
- Application of e-Logistics with AI and business intelligence technology in creating competitive edge
- Importance of e-Logistics contractual obligation and codes of practice
APPLYING “WHO” & “HOW” IN “WHERE”
Case Study: e-Logistics in Hong Kong and China
- Overview of the e-Logistics in Hong Kong and China markets, and the role of Governments in this sector
- Application of information systems in e-Logistics
- e-Logistics orientation as opposed to traditional warehousing and distribution
- The success stories of e-Logistics service provision
Mr. Andy SUN
Mr. Andy SUN, a logistics expert with over 25 years of experience in logistics industry, offers a strong background in business intelligence solution and consultation. His career history includes implementation work in the areas of e-Logistics technologies, AS/RS (Automated Storage/Retrieval System) and AGV (Automated Guide Vehicle) in the United States.
Andy holds EMBA and two Master of Science degrees and received his professional education from HARVARD Law School and INSEAD Business School. He has multiple recognised professional affiliations and chartered membership in different international associations. Andy has also been an adjunct lecturer for several universities in Hong Kong and China for many years.
Supporting Organizations (in alphabetical order)