With social media being the most popular marketing agent, this programme aims at enabling participants apply Social Media Analytics to their digital marketing strategies to enhance social listening and customer satisfaction. In addition, commonly used technologies from Big Data Analytics, NLP (Natural Language Processing), Sentiment Analysis and Deep Learning techniques on textual and image data processing will be covered to equip participants with the necessary FutureSkills.
Day 1 (3 hours): Social Media Data Collection, Processing and Visualisation
- Social Media data collection, pre-processing and visualization with Python
- Massive dataset organisation such as indexing, keywords searching and ranking for relevance
- Special handling for Chinese and Cantonese languages
- Case studies: Social listening for company/product brandings, KOL and micro influencer identification, Machine Learning algorithm for product cross selling and recommendation
Day 2 (3 hours): Natural Language and Image Processing
- Basic building blocks of Natural Language Processing and Word2Vec embedding
- Introduction to deep learning based image processing
- Case studies: chatbot, customer sentiment analysis and image recognitions
- Identify the data source of various public social media data
- Apply the open source tools (such as Python) to perform data pre-processing and visualization
- Survey applications of social media analytics in digital marketing
- Industry practitioners who are interested in applying Social Media Analytics and Sentiments Analysis
- Professionals who would like to sharpen their skills with the latest AI and Machine Learning technologies
- SME/start-up entrepreneurs who wish to get inspiration to incorporate social media into their businesses
Mr Ken LIU
Mr Liu is co-founder and CTO of Datatact, which is a startup on AI, Machine Learning and Big Data for Trading Strategies and Social Media Analytics. He is a hands-on expert in his specialized area for over 15 years. Prior to Datatact, Ken worked at Citi, Goldman Sachs and Credit Suisse as Algo-Trading developer. Ken earned a Master in Computer Science from University of Southern California and a Bachelor in Computer Science from University of Warwick.
Date & Time
12 – 13 Oct 2022, 09:30 am – 12:30 pm each day
(Application Deadline: 23 September 2022)
Zoom ( Online Broadcast )
*May apply up to HK$1,666 subsidy
RTTP: This course is subject to approval under the Reindustrialisation and Technology Training Programme(RTTP) with up to 2/3 course fee reimbursement upon successful applications. For details: https://rttp.vtc.edu.hk.
Medium of Instruction
Cantonese (Supplemented with English)
Certificate of Attendance
An electronic Certificate of Attendance be awarded to participants who have completed the full programme requirement with 75% or above attendance rate.