“Do you speak DATA?” This is an ESSENTIAL learning for every organization in achieving digital transformation.
A Must Have Competency to Survive in the Digital Economy!
Data Literacy is the most important competency and future skills in the digital era. Data has become every organization’s most important asset. To monetize data, organizations must employ individuals who have data literacy and relevant skills.
This course is designed for general users who do not have any computer science background in any discipline to start developing their Data Literacy journey. It is also highly recommended to include this learning in the staff orientation program as the enablement tool for the organization’s digital transformation.
Intended Learning Outcomes:
- Understand what is data literacy and its value
- The rising and demand trend of Citizen Data Scientist – Data Analytics and Visualization as core competencies
- Build your confidence to communicate with data professionals
- Cultivating a culture for digital transformation
Part 1 – Introduction to Data Literacy
- Why we need to enhance our Digital Literacy?
- What is Data Literacy?
- Importance of Data Literacy
- How does Data Literacy matter to your career?
- Importance of democratizing Data Literacy in our society
Part 2 – Citizen Data Scientist
- What is Citizen Data Scientist?
- The Rise of Citizen Data Scientist
Part 3 – Big Data Fundamentals
- Types of Data
- Data Skill
- Open-source Technology
Part 4 – Data Visualisation
- Styles and Best Practices
- Development Process
Part 5 – Data Analytics
- 4 Types of Analytics
- Key Techniques In Diagnostic Analytics
Dr Toa Charm
DBA, M.A., B.Sc., AI and Big Data Certification (MIT)
AI & Big Data | FinTech | Digital | Start-up Advisor | Professor | Author
Dr Charm has over 30 years of management, marketing, consulting and executive education experience in the innovation and technology industry. He had held senior management positions in leading multinational, Hong Kong and mainland technology and financial services companies, including Cyberport, HSBC, IBM, Oracle, Kingdee and Jardine Pacific. Dr Charm specializes in AI/Big Data, FinTech, digital economy and transformation, business strategy and business model innovation, digital tech entrepreneurship and emerging enterprise internationalization.
**Study Anytime, Anywhere with our Online Learning Platform
Online Learning Platform
English with English Subtitles
- Non-tech discipline with zero or limited understanding on data skill
- Aware of data literacy as key career competence advantage in digital age
- Interest to have comprehensive understanding on data literacy
(Early-bird: HK$900), Early-bird Enrolment on or before 15 Sep 2021