Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) disclosure is a global trend and business target of corporates and investors.
In this programme, you will learn the latest applications and development of ESG incorporated with FinTech and Data Driven TCFD reporting framework.
Join us and learn how digital tech can improve sustainability and identify the climate-related risks and opportunities!
By taking this course, you will be able to
- Learn the applications of ESG, including ESG reporting in HK and the applications and challenges in Climate Risks Assessments
- Understand the landscape and have an overview on Green Finance Taxonomies, Climate Risk Management, Global Environmental and Energy Markets
- Learn the applications of FinTech on ESG and task force on climate-related Financial Disclosure (TCFD)
Course Fee – RTTP Approved
*Group discount for 2 or more
For RTTP applicants: HK$2,000# (Original price: HK$6,000)
#Maximum saving, with the final grant subjects to approval.
This course is an approved Reindustrialisation and Technology Training Programme (RTTP) with up to 2/3 course fee reimbursement upon successful applications. For details: https://rttp.vtc.edu.hk.
1-2 June 2023 (Thu & Fri)
09:30 – 17:00
Total 12 lecture hours
(supplemented by English and with English handouts)
Certificate of Achievement
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who have attended 75% or above of the course.
|1. Green Finance and FinTech Taxonomies: EU, PRI, CMA, CBI (3 Hours)|
|1. Overview and Recommendations for Sustainable Finance Taxonomies|
2. Green finance and FinTech taxonomies: EU, PRI
3. Green finance and FinTech taxonomies: CMA, CBI
4. Global green taxonomy development and know your customers (KYC)
5. Taxonomy alignment and implementation
|2. Energy Markets and Innovation (3 Hours)|
|1. Current energy consumption|
2. Renewable energy innovation policy
3. Finance on technical transition
4. Energy storage: phase change material
5. Energy management system: green hydrogen
|3. Climate Risk Management (3 Hours)|
|1. Sustainability, CSR and ESG under climate change|
2. Climate risk planning and management
3. Challenges in ESG strategies and climate change mitigations
4. Importance of sustainable investment and climate change leadership
5. Case studies
|4. Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosure (TCFD) (3 Hours)|
|1. Introduction to TCFD|
2. Data driven metrics and targets
3. ESG data risk management
4. Data strategies
5. Data governance and compliance
Dr Kenny SIU is the Senior Advisor of Allied Environmental Consultants Limited and one of Hong Kong’s ESG pioneers. Dr SIU obtained a doctorate degree in economics from Jiangxi University of Finance and Economics. He is a member of Chartered Institute of Housing Managers and a professional member of Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.
Mr Patrick Tsoi is the CEO of ESG and Green Finance Limited. He is a trainer with over 25 years hands-on IT, green technology and big data experiences. He is a Doctor of Education candidate from Hong Kong Baptist University and Master in IT Education graduate from the Hong Kong University.