This training course specially designed for real estate practitioners on basic technical knowledge and skills on lift engineering, aiming to broaden the knowledge of participants in various aspects of lift and escalator.
In Hong Kong, the need for lift and escalator maintenance has increased tremendously throughout the years. Recent multiple cases of lift/escalator incidents raises the awareness of the public. Voices were heard to upgrade the system performance and safety. Stringent regulations are imposed for maintenance and inspection of lifts.
To uphold the safety of the public, it is necessary to create the awareness of various stakeholders in the real estate industry so as to protect the safety of general public.
- History of lift and escalator
- Overview of the various types of lift and escalators and how they work
- Structure, sub-system and safety features / components of lifts and escalators
- Overview of regulatory regime for lift and escalator safety
- Duties, rights and responsibilities of owner or responsible person
About the Speaker
Ir Richard Tse is a management, engineering, environment, health, safety, security, sustainability, reliability, quality and training professional who practices management consulting in a pragmatic way. He has been a Council Member of the Hong Kong Institution of Engineers and the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health and a fellow of the Institution of Engineering and Technology, the Institution of Mechanical Engineers and the Institution of Management Services. He is a Chartered Engineer, Chartered Safety and Health Practitioner, Registered Safety Auditor and Registered Safety Officer for which he has rich experience working in an international elevator company and facilities management company, taking lead fatal/serious lift and escalator work and user accidents investigation utilizing Incident Cause Analysis Method (ICAM) in the region. He was also a member of Construction Industry Council’s Task Force on Site Safety of Working in lift shaft in 2013-2016.
5 December 2020, 09:30-17:30
1/F, HKPC Building, 78 Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon Tong, Hong Kong
Medium of Instruction
Cantonese with training materials in English
Regular Price : HK$720
HK$70 off discount for member of supporting organization(s)
- Personnel involved in building design on deploying lift and escalator
- Engineers, property and facility managers and officers
- Any interest parties who have vested interested in buildings and smart city