What is DevOps?
DevOps can help organisations to stay competitive by releasing new and updated products faster to the market.
This program can engage and inspire participants by leveraging multimedia and interactive exercises. Participants will learn how to improve workflows and improve their abilities to design, develop, deploy and operate software and services faster.
This 2-days DevOps Foundation Programme is intended to provide participants with an understanding of basic DevOps concepts and how DevOps may be used to improve communication, collaboration and integration between software developers and IT operations professionals.
The learning objectives include a practical understanding of:
- DevOps objectives and vocabularies
- Benefits to the business and IT development
- Principles and practices including Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, testing, security and the Three Ways
- DevOps relationship to Agile, Lean and ITSM
- Improved workflows, communication and feedback loops
- Automation practices including deployment pipelines and DevOps toolchains
- Scaling DevOps for an enterprise
- Critical success factors and key performance indicators
- Real-life examples and results
- Exploring and Defining DevOps
- Core DevOps Principles, The Three Ways
- The Theory of Constraints
- Chaos Engineering
- Learning Organisations
- Key DevOps Practices
- Site Reliability & Resilience engineering
- Continuous Delivery, ITSM, Lean
- DevSecOps, ChatOps, Kanban, Agile
- Business and Technology Frameworks
- Safety Culture, Learning Organisations
- Sociocracy / Holacracy
- Continuous Funding, Behavioral Models
- Automation & Architecting DevOps Toolchains, CI/CD, Cloud, Containers
- Kubernetes, DevOps Toolchain
- Measurement, Metrics, and Reporting
- Technical, Business, Measuring & Reporting Metrics
- Sharing, Shadowing and Evolving
- Collaborative Platforms
- DevOps Leadership
Who Should Attend
- If you are seeking an understanding of DevOps principles, practices and cultural considerations
- Organisations who want to instill a common DevOps mindset, terminologies and vocabularies
- Leaders of teams and managers who have a leading role
- DevOps transformations Consultants, internal and external suppliers
Date : 15-16 Jan 2024
Time: 09:30 – 17:30 (Total 14 hours)
Cantonese, supplemented with English terminology
Familiarity with IT software development and operations responsibilities
Assessment and Certification
All participants completing the course will receive a password to attempt an assessment. The DevOps Foundation Certificate requires a minimum passing score on the assessment. The certification is governed and maintained by the DevOps Institute; assessment is delivered through an independent, global examination partner. The DevOps Foundation Certificate will be the pre-requisite for future DevOps certification courses.
Paulino KOK has over 30 years of technology working experience in various positions from application development, infrastructure technology, portfolio, program & project management, service management, security & risk management, leadership coaching, innovation design thinking facilitation, employment engagement & HR people operations, and agile & digital transformation. Most recently, he has worked as an Agile Transformation Coach for Digital Transformation programs in different corporations, across multiple industries. He is a DevOps Institute Certified Trainer.
Winson Li is an esteemed IT veteran and certified DevOps & SRE educator with over 23 years in the field. He
specializes in the Agile Framework, Cloud Infrastructure, and business transformation. Known for transforming
start-ups into profitable entities and adept at managing complex global projects, Winson’s experience in the
Greater China region enhances his fluency in leading technical teams.