Since 1967, the Hong Kong Productivity Council (HKPC) has been offering diversified industry training activities designed to upgrade and update the knowledge and skills of practitioners in different business sectors. The Productivity Training Institute was established in 2004 to better coordinate, plan, develop and manage HKPC’s professional training services. In 2018, HKPC upgraded its Productivity Training Institute to the HKPC Academy, which aims to nurture a pool of talents to keep pace with the changing international markets, and to support Hong Kong’s development locally and in the region.
- Strengthen training support for business and manufacturing industries to get ready for re-industrialization and technology advancement in the Fourth Industrial Revolution;
- Equip professionals with the latest knowledge and skills in their industry through technology and skills transfer to help industries grasp the opportunities brought by the Greater Bay Area development and Belt and Road initiative; and
- Leverage HKPC’s core competencies to provide innovative, advanced technological and high value-added training services to support Hong Kong’s development in the areas of Smart City and Smart Industry
HKPC Academy provides enterprises and individuals with diversified training services to enhance their capabilities. HKPC Academy aligns with HKPC’s industry support strategies and provides quality training programmes and services to promote productivity excellence for industries to enhance competitiveness and sustainability. HKPC Academy offers:
- Public training programmes, workshops and study missions;
- Customised corporate training services for diversified sectors; and
- Corporate academy consultancy services
- HKPC VLearn Platform
- Programme contents are practical and condensed, facilitating programme participants to learn new technology and management methodologies during their busy schedule and apply the knowledge at work for achieving improved results;
- Trainers of programmes are consultants with in-depth industry and project experiences. On top of theory and industry needs, they provide participants with insightful case sharing to facilitate participants to better transfer the techniques and skills to the workplace;
- Industry-leading laboratory facilities are available at HKPC for participants to gain hands-on experiences on professional equipment to practise applying the techniques and skills acquired; and
- Partnering with industry associations and professional bodies, HKPC Academy provides programmes to enhance capabilities of enterprises and individuals to meet the specific needs and upcoming challenges of various industries.