Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
- Programme fee must be submitted together with this form (or photocopy of this form) before programme commencement, otherwise enrolment will be rejected.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKPC will not be responsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail. Receipt of cheque payment is subject to bank clearance.
- Personal Data collected will be used for processing your application for admission, registration, academic, administrative, research and statistical purposes and will also be used for direct marketing purposes, specifically for the purpose of sending you information relating to HKPC’s latest developments, industry support services, consultancy services, events and training programmes. Personal Data will be treated in strict confidence. Unless otherwise agreed by you, HKPC will not transfer Personal Data to any third parties. HKPC implements a policy governing the collection, use and retention of Personal Data, which is made available at the enrolment counter. You may also contact Personal Data Controlling Officer of HKPC for further details.
- Enrolment fee (in full or in part) is not refundable except if HKPC is notified in writing of your withdrawal:
– at least 5 working days before the programme commencement for training program run by local speaker
– at least 15 working days before the programme commencement for training program run by overseas speaker
A handling charge of HK$200 will be levied. For payment made by credit card, an additional bank charge of around 4% of the enrolment fee will be imposed.
- You may, subject to the prior approval of HKPC, nominate a person to attend the programme on your behalf. Programme switching request will not be accepted.
- HKPC reserves the right to reject any application in any circumstances and for whatever reasons. Payment of fees should only be construed as conditional acceptance of application. To be accepted for any application, you are required to fulfill the admission requirements.
- HKPC reserves the right to replace the speaker and/ or change the contents, venue and/or time as may be necessary.
- Classes in the morning (09:00-13:00), afternoon (14:00-17:00) or evening (18:30-22:00) will be cancelled if:
(1) Tropical Cyclone Signal No.8 or above OR Black Rainstorm Warning remains hoisted after 6:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. respectively; OR
(2) Tropical Cyclone Signal No.8 or above OR Black Rainstorm Warning is announced by the Hong Kong Observatory to be hoisted at/after 6:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. respectively. You will be notified of the re-scheduling arrangement as soon as possible.
- These terms and conditions are subject to revisions as may be set out in the programme pamphlets and the latest updates in the Institute’s website.
Deduction of Tax for Expenses on Self-Education
HKPC is the “Education Provider” institution specially approved by Inland Revenue Department. This course is a recognized training or development course specified in the prescribed course of education under Inland Revenue Ordinance (“IRO”). If participants enroll and study this course, they may claim deductions for actual expenses of self-education provided that certain conditions prescribed in IRO are satisfied (e.g. to gain or maintain qualifications for use in either current or a planned employment). From the financial year of 2017/18 onwards, the maximum tax-deductible allowance is HK$100,000. For deduction details, please refer and visit the following link: