Humour is a great tool to make any topic more enjoyable!
Join this programme to unlock the power of humour in your presentations and discover how to make your message more engaging and memorable.
In this programme you will learn the basics of what makes something funny and how to find the funnier side of any topic. You will gain different presentation skills and techniques with practice to add humour to your presentation in a guided exercise.
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to improve your presentations and make them more engaging and effective!
- Realize that humour is not always the situation, but how you look at things
- Know how important it is to add emotion to create the human connection in any communication
- Understand your own style as a presenter and how to incorporate it into the presentation
- Develop the ability to look at the same item and see multiple, interesting angles
- Build a positive mindset by learning to see life in a funny way
Part 1: Foundations of Humour + Creative Thinking
- Stand Up Comedy:
As an example to start the workshop and later concepts explaining
- Basic Concepts of Humour:
How we all have creativity and a sense of humour in us
- Interactive Writing Exercise:
Think of ideas and see the same thing from many interesting angles
- Information vs Emotions:
Using interactive examples showing how to add the human element-emotions to engage audiences
Part 2: Presentation Skills
- Elements of Presentation:
Explaining presentation techniques to chance the way people perceive it
- Interactive Whats Interesting:
Exercise in understanding “interesting” could be anything with a reason
- Finding Your Own Style:
How you can achieve the same outcome using different styles and ways
- Interactive Sell Your Friend:
Practice with comments and feedback from trainer
Please download the pamphlet for details.
As a bi-lingual stand up comedian in English and Cantonese, Vivek has traveled globally to perform shows. Over the years, he has created and run workshops for educational institutions and companies seeking to develop a positive mindset, creative problem solving and improved interpersonal relationship – all skills that are required as a stand up comedian.
Date & Time
15 September 2023 Fri (14:30-17:30)
(Application Deadline: 6 September 2023)
HKPC Building, 78 Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon, Hong Kong (Face-to-face)
*HKPC reserves the right to change mode of instruction (hybrid / online model) at any time with prior notice
HK$ 2,000/ Early-bird: HK$1,800, applicable on or before 23 August 2023
Medium of Instruction
Cantonese supplemented with English |Teaching note in English/Chinese