With markets and customer needs constantly changing, organisations need information and evidence to help them adapt quickly to new challenges and opportunities so as to deliver greater value and achieve true business agility.
Yet often organisations that use Agile product development techniques use traditional management approaches, expecting leaders to set firm long-term goals and manage progress toward them with dashboards of static metrics.
This programme focuses on the Evidence-Based Management™ (EBM) framework through hands-on, activity-based learning.
About Evidence-Based Management™ (EBM)
Evidence-Based Management™ (EBM) framework which is an Agile approach to help leaders guide their teams toward continuously improving customer outcomes, organisational capabilities, and business results. EBM focuses on customer value and intentional experimentation to systematically improve an organisation’s performance and achieve its strategic goals.
In this course, participants will learn what EBM is and how to apply it through hands-on, activity-based learning that support a more agile mindset:
- Use empiricism to set and achieve strategic goals, managing the unknown and complexity through
- Experimentation and by adapting goals along the way
- Create a cultural environment using clear goals, appropriate measures and trust to enable self-management and autonomy
- Shift the conversation away from measuring progress purely through team performance metrics, toward a focus on customer-centricity and improving customer outcomes
- Drive operational improvements by using four Key Value Areas (Unrealised Value, Current Value, Time-to-Market, and the Ability to Innovate) as lenses for evidence-based decision-making
Course Learning Objectives
- Understand the essential aspects of goals and measures and how they influence behaviors and an organisation’s culture and values
- Help organisations embrace empiricism as a leadership approach. Using experimentation to incrementally steer toward the organisation’s goals
- An appreciation for how goals and trust act together to enable autonomy, transparency, and value delivery
- Correlate market leadership and sustainability to curiosity, adaptation, and empiricism
- Understand how to use EBM and its KVAs to focus measurements on improving market value and operational capabilities
Date: 18 Oct 2022
Time: 09:00 – 17:00
All participants completing this course will receive a password to attempt the Professional Agile Leadership – Evidence Based Management (PAL-EBM) assessment. The industry-recognized PAL-EBM certification requires a minimum passing score of 85%. PAL-EBM class participants who attempt the PAL-EBM assessment within 14 days of receiving their free password and do not score at least 85% will be granted a 2nd attempt at no additional cost.
Who Should Attend?
PAL-EBM is for professionals in leadership roles including executives, managers, Scrum Masters, Product Owners, coaches, and consultants who:
- Are responsible for the success of their product delivery programs or Agile transformations and are seeking a means to measure and demonstrate that success
- Are looking for a framework that identifies improvement areas that increase their business agility, including their time to pivot to meet new challenges and deliver customer value
- Want to help their organization embrace empiricism and experimentation to find solutions for complex problems (where more is unknown than known or the situation changes rapidly)
- Want to articulate goals and measures in a way that fosters self-management and empower their teams to understand the connection between their work and the value their organization is providing and customer is receiving
- Want to be more effective in how they measure success by using Agile measures rather than traditional measurement models (including the use of velocity)
Participants should have read the Evidence-Based Management Guide, with an understanding of Agile practices and a desire to move away from traditional, (plan-driven) ways of working and measurement models.
Lorenz CHEUNG is the first Professional Scrum Trainer (PST) in Hong Kong, one of the 305 PST in the world Scrum Master. With experience working in Fortune top 500 companies in London and Hong Kong and technical / software engineering background, he has the practical experience on how to bring agility to Enterprise and help them to adopt and scale Scrum. Besides Scrum, he is also a practitioner of Kanban, Lean, Innovation, Design Thinking, he just led the team for Best Mobile App at Hong Kong ICT award 2016.