Take your knowledge to the next level with Hadoop Administrator. This five-day administrator training course provides participants with a comprehensive understanding of all the steps necessary to operate and maintain a Hadoop cluster using latest cloud technologies.
From installation and configuration through practicing and tuning, this training course is the best preparation for the real-world challenges faced by Hadoop administrators.
Through instructor-led discussion and interactive, hands-on exercises, participants will navigate the Hadoop ecosystem, learning topics highlight below:
- Hadoop, Hive and HBase overview
- Server Architecture of Hive, HBase and Thrift Servers
- Setting up Hadoop, Hive and HBase in a single/distributed cluster environment
- MapReduce monitoring
- Resource control/monitoring for Hadoop Hive, HBase, Kafka, HDFS, Spark
- Security Management
- HDFS administration and rebalancing
- Datanode and HDFS API management
- Resource Management of clusters
- Use Hive tables
- Hive database and tables manipulations (e.g. create, query, join, aggregation)
- HBase monitoring and administration
- Best Practices in Hive and HBase
- Connect Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) to Hadoop
- Job Scheduling & Monitoring
- Executive Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) on Hadoop
- Use data visualization tool to connect Hadoop / Hive
- Build dashboards with data visualization tool
- Deployment & Change Management
Patrick TSOI, with over 20 years hands-on data science, Big Data and programming experiences. He is a Doctor of Education candidate from the Hong Kong Baptist University, Master in IT Education from the University of Hong Kong and B.Eng in System Engineering and Engineering Management from the Chinese University of Hong Kong.
Simon MOK, an IT professional trainer for over 10 years covering IoT, data analytics, AI and machine learning and programing. He has rich experience in leading development team to deliver software solutions for clients. He is a M.Phil from the University of Hong Kong and MSc in Computer Science from the Chinese University of Hong Kong.
2 – 30 Mar 2021 (Every Tuesday)
09:30 – 17:00
Total 30 training hours
Cantonese, supplemented with English terminology
HK$15,000 (May apply up to HK$10,000* subsidy)
*Maximum saving, with the final grant subjects to approval
Award of Certificate of Attendance
Full Attendance will be awarded a Certificate of Attendance issued by the Hong Kong Productivity Council.
Basic knowledge on Linux
***This course is a preparatory course for Cloudera Hadoop Administrator Certification. Upon completion of the course, attendees are encouraged to continue their own study and register for the Cloudera certifications.